Friday, May 11, 2012

Tucker Signing...

As the little blurb on the YouTube video says, "Tucker Signs is a powerful supplemental strategy for decoding! A system of 44 hand signs that prompt associations between letters or word chunks and the sounds they represent. Works great with any conventional reading program and children love it - especially reluctant readers, boys, excessively active children, and those with learning disabilities." (www.ahaprocess.com)
Not to sound like a testimonial, but I think it is such an engaging program and a fun supplement to whatever phonics program is being used in the classroom.  It gets the attention of those active little boys and girls. I plan to start the next school year with a literacy/phonics unit using Tucker Signing. Planning for the fall already (oh my goodness) but I will enjoy the summer first, I promise! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUFbMkJFQkU

No comments:

Post a Comment