Saturday, September 13, 2014

Catch Me Up Fridays...


      After the first few weeks with my new group of kiddos, I could see that some of my students could produce work rather quickly and other students needed more time and adult support to complete assignments. I noticed what other teachers do--catch up time on Friday!

     Next to my "Pass In" bin, I am also putting a second bin for "Unfinished Work" to be completed at the end of the week. In it, I will place a small notebook to list the students and missing item.  If the student run out of time, they place that work in the bin. The list will signal the educational technicians in the room to check in with these students throughout the week. What is left will be done on "Catch Me Up Fridays" while the other students work on a math activity that will not be graded. Win-win!

Click here for the bin labels for a "Pass In" and "Unfinished Work" bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment